Wednesday, February 24, 2010

i have always loved confetti

more fasnachts.
this is the fasnachts parade/celebration in my town, Wadenswil. {i LOVE Switzerland. what a neat place i live in. everyday i feel very lucky to be here.} i was able to get there early enough to get a great spot right in the front. also, i was able to find a spot with great lighting. the sun just poked its way through where i was. i didn't post all the photos for i took 478 pictures at this thing. its a beautiful thing. here are some of my favorites. {if you want to see more you can request it or go to my facebook and take a peak.}

i had a great time. it is fun to experience these things by myself, but at the same time i wish my family/friends were standing by me so we could laugh, be bewildered and get confetti thrown on us together.

these guys were great. they were called the Bittells. {beatles} they were just there before the parade started, walking around and singing beatles songs. they were pretty awful and they were even looking at a banner with the words. hah. it was great and everyone loved it. including me. i sang along right with them.
whips. i am pretty sure they almost whipped everyone they passed.









so many people posed for me. right after this disco queen posed for me, she bopped(a friendly bop) her blown up microphone on the top of my head. it made me happy.

there was tons of confetti being thrown.






these two sheep threw confetti at me FOUR times. hah. it was great.




clearly i look like a creeper, but there i am topped with confetti. why yes, i hardly wear any make up these days. why yes, that is a new scarf.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

fun pictures!
Carebears + marching = duh.

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the pics too!