Wednesday, February 24, 2010

me+3 days=egypt

well it is official. i just booked my excursion to Cairo Egypt to see the pyramids. the excursion starts at 5 am and i return back to my hotel in Sinai at 9pm. during which i will see more than just the pyramids. {it is a 1 hour flight to Cairo from Sinai}

oh what? you didn't know i was going to egypt? well. part of my job here in switzerland is going with them to Egypt. i said, sign me up! egypt is the number one place in this world i want to see. i love learning about ancient egypt and can't remember how far back that began. at the beginning of 2009 i took an egyptian art history class...however it being at 8am...with the lights off for powerpoint by a monotone teacher...made it difficult, many mornings, for me to become an ancient historian. who knew that 1 year later i would be seeing with my own eyes those very places and artifacts that i saw up on the screen in the Snow building at BYUidaho.

we leave this saturday morning and arrive in the early evening in Sharm El Sheikh, a resort town on the Red Sea in the Sinai Peninsula. it will be a busy, fast, crazy, sun filled week. my dream of being in egypt is just a few days away.

our resort looks like...


i am not cheesy enough to walk like an egyptian in egypt in public, but i am cheesy enough to walk like an egyptian in egypt in our hotel room. guaranteed.

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Can't wait to see pics & hear all about it! Sounds like its going to be amazing & I'm so jealous!

Quigley Family said...

Way to go Monica! I am so excited for you. Love you and miss you.

kaitlin said...

can you get BACK already.
oh i mean, soo glad you're having the time of your life in egypt!